- Act for Peace: The Act for Peace Commission provides a link between the Melbourne-based staff of the National Council of Churches’ international aid and development agency Act for Peace. (currently in recess)
- Faith and Order: The Faith and Order Commission is best described as the ‘theological engine room’ of the Council. Historically, the Faith and Order Movement was one of the earliest developments of the ecumenical movement worldwide.
- Living Faiths: The Commission on Living faiths, Community and Dialogue fosters the relationships the Council has with people and communities of other faiths. It has produced some excellent documents to assist people locally in their interfaith work.
- Gospel & Culture: The Commission on Gospel & Culture brings a missional focus to the Council’s work and stands in the ecumenical movement’s historical line of witness and evangelism. (currently in recess).
- Social Questions: The Social Questions Commission brings a social justice focus to the Council’s work and is also a meeting point for staff from member church social justice and social welfare agencies.
- Women and the Church: The Commission on Women and the Church grew out of the World Council of Churches’ Decade in Solidarity with Women. (currently in recess)
Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /home/vccorg/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 0
The Council’s work is assisted by Commissions. Members of Commissions are invited for their expertise and commitment to the ecumenical journey.