The Multifaith Advisory Group (MAG) to the Multicultural Affairs Commission of the Victorian Government has prepared a statement for NAIDOC week, signed by diverse faith groups and including the Victorian Council of Churches.
Announcement of new VCC Executive Officer, Rev Sandy Boyce (commencing 19th April, 2022). Rev Ian Smith concludes his ministry of 10 years as the VCC Executive Officer, and 30 years of engagement with VCC. He continues as Chair of VCCEM.
NCCA (National Council of Churches of Australia) newsletters – click here
- Lund Principle: 1952Third World Conference of Faith and Order of the World Council of Churches held at Lund, Sweden (15-28 August 1952) On Monday 15th August, it will be 70 years since the start of the Lund […]
- ReferendumIn a landmark speech to the Garma festival in Arnhem Land, PM Albanese said that the Australian people should be asked a “simple and clear” yes or no referendum question regarding whether […]
- 10th August: International Prisoners’ Justice DayInternational Prisoners’ Justice Day is a solidarity movement that takes place annually on August 10 in support of prisoners’ rights and to remember all the people who have died of […]
- August 6th – Hiroshima DayToday is Hiroshima Day, when the US dropped a nuclear bomb on Hiroshima in Japan, killing 140,000 people. Three days later, on August 9, 1945, it dropped another bomb on […]
- August 4 – Children’s DayChildren’s Day is a time for celebration and affirmation, to celebrate the strength and culture of Aboriginal children. The 2022 theme is ‘My Dreaming, My Future‘. Aboriginal and Torres Strait […]