Yom Hashoah is an annual commemoration of the six million Jews murdered in the Holocaust, and the heroism of survivors and rescuers. Registration here.
In Victoria, the Jewish Community Council of Victoria (JCCV) will host an online inclusive virtual community on Wednesday April 27 at 7.30pm. The event will be an online commemoration with poignant testimonies, the participation of a range of Jewish students, and messages of support from communal members, leaders and affiliates.
As part of embracing our shared commitment to never forgetting the Shoah and raising awareness and Holocaust education across Victoria, an invitation has been extended to the community to join ‘Remembering Together’ and to be part of the official Victorian Jewish Community Holocaust Commemoration – online.
• Survivor Testimony – Kurt Charles German
• Melbourne Jewish Students
• Daniel Aghion
• Rabbi Philip Heilbrunn OAM
• Lena Fiszman
• Freydi Mrocki and Tomi Kalinski
• Dov Farkas
• Rabbi Ralph Genende OAM
• Pauline Rockman OAM
• Lighting of the symbolic six memorial candles by Survivors: Esther Blatt, Henry Ekert,
Emma Kranz, Henry Kranz, Kurt Charles German, Richard Rozen OAM with family
• The Song of the Partisans by Students of Sholem Aleichem College